With the warmer weather upon us it’s a great opportunity to get out more with the family and maybe experience some of our local attractions you may have not done so in the past. We have complied a list of 10 fun things to do in Maitland and the surrounding areas.
1. Unlock the gates of Maitland Gaol, where visitors are invited to ‘serve time’ learning about the facility, past prisoners and daring escapes.
2. Take a ride on the 3km mini train ride at Walka Water Works Reserve. The train runs on the 1st & 3rd Sunday of the month.
3. Enjoy a movie under the stars at Heddon Greta Drive.
4. Bring out the kid in you and ride the Toboggan Track in Port Stephens, play in a giant maze and finish the day off with mini golf.
5. With the hotter weather generally brings the rain, well fingers crossed for that. Take the family and check out the new Hoyts Green Hills. For that extra special occasion give the Lux experience a try.
6. Maybe your more into nature, take a walk though the beautiful Glenrock State Conservation Area, after a beautiful walk you come out to the most beautiful lagoon and beach.
7. Enjoy a relaxing camel ride along the sand dunes of Anna Bay.
8. Maybe a bit of cardio is more your style, get up early and walk the Tomaree Head Summit walk, the 360 degree view from the top is well worth the effort.
9. Bring out the artist in you and take a look at Maitland Regional Art Gallery.
10. Get up early on a Sunday morning and visit the Newcastle City Farmers Markets, so many options for fresh fruit & veg plus meats straight from the farm. Why not sit and relax and have breakfast as well with many food options available.